Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Monday, August 01, 2005
You get what you pay for
And I guess what I was paying for didn't include customer service or timely shipping. So I've cancelled my order with the seemingly "fly-by-night" scammers and placed one (spending more than I wanted, but getting a guaranteed 2 day delivery, with same day shipping, and a product that is in stock with a full warantee). Whew. It will still be here in time to save me a lot of money, but it was a lot more work than it should have been.


Baptism night for the Porch. Started off with a great picnic at the top of Minnehaha Falls. Mass chaos at the grill (including a whole chicken and a pork loin), guacamole without tortilla chips, dogs without buns or ketchup, and getting stuffed to the gills with some amazing salads. So much fun.


Some days I wish we could do our summer gatherings outside whenever the weather is nice. There's just something about the sun glimmering through the trees, and the sounds of nature (even in the city) and the feel of the breeze on your skin that makes you feel alive.


It's been nearly 2 years since I began regularily attending the Porch. After tonight's gathering, many went for ice cream. This was remenicent of the very first time I met anyone from the Porch. To our recollection, all of the people who had been there the original meeting were there tonight, sitting around a similar green table and playing chess as we had before. Strange to think back to that night and the first impressions I have of people who have come to be good friends. Also strange to think how important this community has become to me. I'm very blessed to have my Porch family.
posted by Jen @ 12:02 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    I remember calling you and saying, "I'm doing this thing called 'Solomon's Porch' and we're going out for ice cream if you want to come out of your bubble and come meet some nice people."

    I'm glad you came.

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    I'm glad you asked me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER