Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Thursday, July 28, 2005
I'm so excited....
....and I won't be able to hide it early next week when my digital SLR camera arrives. I've been pining for it for months and months. I finally saved enough money from wedding gigs to stop renting (which will save me $100 each wedding). I did a lot of comparison shopping and was glad in the end that I did. Turns out that the great deals I was finding were because some companies are not including batteries, battery charger, cables, software, etc with their camera bodies. And they won't tell you until you order and you call to confirm your order and they try to upsell you $200 worth of goodies you'll need just to make the camera work. I had to hang up on one guy after he got beligerent with me when I asked why the website didn't say what accessories were included and why it would make sense to buy a camera that didn't even have a battery. I also got hung up on once(and subsequently called back to speak with his manager) after the guy told me I was a big liar. Needless to say, I didn't purchase from eithe of those companies. And I ended up getting a bare-bones model anyways, and buying batteries and charger from Best Buy. (I already have lenses and digital memory cards). Now cross your fingers that the process goes as laid out and the camera arrives in time for my Thursday wedding shoot at 2:30. (not to mention the Friday and Saturday ones as well). Should, I paid for 2-day.
posted by Jen @ 11:31 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER