Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Sunday, July 17, 2005
Rock like your life depends on it
Well I didn't add any stamps to my letterboxing journal, but I did get a travelling companion to the Green Man Festival. A last minute friend and her tent came along to enjoy the food, music, camping and cooler weather in Duluth.


We were sad to leave early Saturday for prior commitments. It was wildly fun. Vendors in Green Town have inspired Steph and I to pursue a small business venture. (no details just yet, we want to get off the ground and then all of you can enjoy our wares). Also, amazing food from Pizza Luce.......grilled corn on the cob, pizza with artichoke, kalmata olives and feta cheese, and fresh squeezed lemonade.


The glass blowing, blacksmithing and pottery throwing was uber cool.


The last band to play Friday night were the Violent Femmes. For guys pushing 40 they can still rock. I haven't danced like that in about 10 years. Boy do my calves hurt now.


I'm inspired to not hold a regular job next summer. I want to be more free. Less time inside, more time in the fresh air and sunshine, more time spent with friends, more time in what I'm starting to think of as "summer mode". It's gonna require some saving on my part, but I think working some misc jobs and photographing weddings and perhaps the new venture could make that a reality. Just a simpler way of life.

The last gathering in my church's present space tonight. Nostaligic and somewhat sad. We won't be moving far to a temp space, but things will be different. I'm excited about the challenge set forth in this and the opportunities that will be brought about. My comfort level is being tested and I'm becoming inspired to be more flexible in my personal life too. There are some things that I'd like to change and this kind of outside change is spurring on more changes closer to home. Also makes me think more about what is really important to me and further encourages the simplifying of my life and stuff.

My bedtime is near and I'm thinking the remaining heat of the day calls for a tall glass of sun tea.
posted by Jen @ 11:46 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER