Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Thursday, July 28, 2005
My contacts await at the post office
I finally broke down and bought contacts. I've never purchased them, ever. I have either had them bought for me by my parents or they were bartered from our optical place for movie tickets. But I ripped my last left contact and was scrambling for a replacement, so I bit the bullet and bought a box for each eye. I should be set for more than a year. With my luck, my prescription will change again before I can get through 6 sets. I was at work all day, so the contacts are waiting at the post office for me to ransom them.

Find yourself with cravings for really really healthy food sometimes? I've been eating salad made of baby greens or mixed crazy greens for nearly every meal for the last couple days. That's usually just my body's way of telling me I've been neglecting an important food group or vital nutrient. Also, dairy. Particularily cheese. Especially mac and cheese. So I just made some with some whole wheat pasta and 8 oz of real cheddar and some cultured butter and a little bit of whole organic milk. Oh so yummy. Brad, I'll bring you some for lunch since you're laid up with that knee.

Yesterday was the perfect summer day. The breeze was gentle, the temp about 75, the sun peeking through the clouds, the bugs kept at by, and the sunset over the mild waves on Lake Calhoun was reminicent of northern Minnesota from summers gone by.



Steph and Alyssa and I went for quite a long bike ride. So long in fact, that we needed lights on the way home so no one would hit us with their car. It was dark when we returned. Steph set the pace, getting sidetracked by the "pretty" quite a few times and nearly causing an accident once.

So, property taxes. I kinda forgot to file mine. I hear it's not too late. In fact I think I have about 5 days to get them done and postmarked. No pressure. At least I know where my tax statements are. That's usually the hardest part. For those of you who haven't done yours either, I hear the deadline is August 1st. I could be wrong though. Don't hold me to it.
posted by Jen @ 12:27 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER