Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Friday, July 22, 2005
Summer's a beach
Well summer should be about enjoying the outdoors and the beach, etc. So far, mine has consisted of working too much and the occassional short stint in the stifling mugginess of what is more like Minnesota late August than mid July. But I did get a chance this past weekend to hang out under a shaded tree for a bit with my friend Steph. It was way too hot to move much at all and the sun too scorching to venture into the water for fear of serious burn. And I'm hearing the forecast is the same for this coming weekend (which includes a little time off for me, but we'll see about the enjoyment of the outdoors).


I'm excited about tomorrow and hoping the rain will stay at bay long enough for my "plans". Micaela and I plan on biking for a couple hours and seeing some sites and maybe I'll take her on a little letterboxing hunt (as one of our suggested destinations is a letterboxing site). And then a little low-key "girls' night" might be in order.

There will soon be a new clothing "label" available to all who enjoy handmade clothing and recycled goods. I'll be spending some time designing a website to showcase it to the world, but stay tuned is all I'm going to say at this point. Steph and I are cooking up a batch of handmade unique designs with our own flavor added for pizzazz (is that a real word? just wondering). We're official for now though, Steph filed for a tax ID for us. And we think we've picked a name we can both agree on.

Now, the mountain bike saga. I want a mountain bike. Actually I'd like to have a new bicycle in general. I have a bike that works, but I've never owned a bike that was brand brand new. And I work in a bike shop, so I hear all about some of the great mountain biking trails and parks around here. (not to mention that I have a couple friends who I just might get to mountain bike with me should I aquire one).


So, not only do I want one, I have plans to eventually get one, and have been drooling over a specific one (Cannondale F400 Feminine) for quite some time. Now I have to decide which comes first, the digital SLR camera or the mountain bike........oh the agony. Anyone wanna chip in? Just kidding.

Time for sleeping. Hope the cat decides tomorrow morning that I'm a less tasty treat on my calves than I was this morning. I think he was hungry....his bowl was empty. I gotta either teach him "baby signs" or to speak.
posted by Jen @ 1:41 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER