Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Thursday, August 11, 2005
A trip around the block
I'm artistically blocked right now. I want to work on my website and add some of my most recent work for prospective clients as well as a page outlining my fees, but I just can't sit at the computer long enough to even start it. I tried sewing a piece for the upcoming festival where Steph and I are vending. I started a couple times, but didn't get very far. (Doesn't help that I don't have all the cool tools Steph does for cutting and no good place to put a sewing machine that doesn't make my back hurt to use it for long and it's her machine and it keeps trying to eat the bobbin thread and I don't understand how to adjust it and she's likely sleeping so I can't call to ask how). Just totally unmotivated and seriously dry in the creative ideas at the moment. Perhaps tomorrow will bring more juice. If only I could know what causes this and avoid it.

-------------------------------------------------

A 3 year old was shot by a stray bullet in broad day light today in North Minneapolis (he will be okay, it hit his hand). What kind of world is this? In the last 4 weeks, there have been 4 kids hit by stray bullets in that part of the Cities. I grew up thinking the city was scary, but not for any specific reason. It just always was a large formidable place with lots of people, cars, and tall buildings (and, in the eyes of whomever was responsible for my early perceptions of the city, also full of criminals).

I've lived in the city for a time now. I'm not scared, even though I definately don't live in the most pristine area (it's one of the less nice areas of St Paul), but I'm not scared of random violence. But in a way, I'm kinda scared of North Minneapolis. It's regaining the reputation it took on when I was in high school.
posted by Jen @ 1:13 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER