Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Monday, August 15, 2005
Go speed racer
I'm sore today. For the first time ever, I raced mountain bike. It wasn't a very competitive race, being only the staff of my bike shop job (all the shops compete in what we like to call the 3 Hours of Lebanon - Lebanon Hills that is). Our store of course did not win the trophy (partially due to my 40 minute lap time), but it was fun to try.


But it was brutal having not raced before and not having ridden that course before either. The new bike held up well. I can now see the distinct advantage of having a full suspsension bike over a hard tail bike. But I'm loving my new bike and it's very nimble performance.


This is the bike "built" by the Shoreview store. Steph, you might recognize some of the parts since they started off with the same bike you've got. Their whole store team rode this comfort bike trading off for each lap. It was a pretty cool bike with the upgrades made.

Mostly I'm just happy to have finished and without walking my bike. It was completely exhilirating and terrifying at the same time, but I think I'll try it again in the future.
posted by Jen @ 4:09 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER