Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Uptown Girl
So you all now know I'm poor and up to my ears in student loan debt. I'm getting creative on ways to be thrifty. One of those ways is to have roommates again. And the opportunity just fell in my lap. Two of my bestest friends live in this amazing duplex in Uptown and were looking to move due to the cost of renting a 3-bedroom with only 2 people. Then the offer was made, how about I move in there? Fantastic. I'd love to live in that neighborhood (near the Wedge, near the Mpls lakes, walking distance to many things fun, near bike paths, still near a Whole Foods, better bike culture, nearer to church, on the bus line) and that house is pretty neato too. I haven't had roommates in a long time, but I'm kinda excited for that. People to talk to and come home to and share stuff with and split bills with. So, I'm moving, as soon as I can find a taker for my current place. Probably a month or two (cross fingers). In the process, I will also be paring down some of my belongings. I have a lot of furniture and household things (some of which I'm not totally attached to or don't use much) which will be doubled by my roommates' belongings, so I will sell some of those to make some extra cash (yay Craigslist for free classifieds).

Other random things....I don't usually link to things on here, but I ran across this somehow the other day and thought this guy was really really inventive when he was poor and it was somewhat inpiring to me (though I'm not thinking of building my own furniture). See the FedEx furniture

If you know anyone in the market for a 1 bedroom apartment, a used car, a computer chair or 2 media bookshelves, those are all up for sale (the apartment isn't really for sale, but my share in the coop the apartment is part of is and then you get to live here rather cheaply). Time for a bedtime snack.
posted by Jen @ 11:06 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER