Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Bookity book book
So following the lead of KP and Rachel here goes:

1. Number of books you have owned: many hundreds, current total a couple hundred

2. Last book I bought: The Green Pharmacy Herbal Handbook

3. Last book I completed: Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller

4. Five (or so) books that mean a lot to me:

1 Sabbath Keeping by Lynne Babb
2 New Way to be Human by Charlie Peacock
3 Dangerous Wonder by Mike Yaconelli
4 Wisdom of the Enneagram
5 Best Things in Life by Peter Kreeft
6 Soul Survivor by Phillip Yancey
7 A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry

4b. What are you currently reading?
Too much to do in the summer to read much, I just get distracted

4c. What do you wish you'd get around to reading?

What's So Amazing About Grace by Phillip Yancey
Unaborted Socrates by Peter Kreeft
oh, and I'm sure there's more since I worked at a bookstore and used to have a mental list of books that were in the que to read.
posted by Jen @ 6:40 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I thought it was amazing. Perhaps it's cause I grew up in a Christian-themed world, like Miller did and never truely found my own faith until I started over from scratch. Maybe it's cause I'm much like Miller in simplistic thinking and the direction I come at the world. I thought it was real and raw and true and challenging and I loved it. And I just might lend it to Jav. Afterall, I recieved it from another friend who recommended it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER