Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
There's Salsa on the Horizon
Dumpstering tonight revealed that I will be spending some time tomorrow creating some homemade salsa as well as some tomato based pasta sauce. There were more tomatos than I could carry or know what to do with (many of the "vine-on" variety and a lot of them in perfect condition). I think that due to the "vine-on" nature, the good ones went out with the bad ones they were connected to with the idea that no one wanted to buy a vine with tomatos missing. Their folly is my gain. And likely the gain of those around me as I tend to make more food than I can eat myself.

Also rescued in this outing were a not yet quite ripe starfruit, a large unripened peach, a pluot with a slight wrinkling on a small portion of the top, some red potatos and two mesh bags of perfect banana fingerling potatos. I will be eating like a queen once I dig up a few recipies. Didn't feel so covert tonight as there were three young ladies much like myself already helping themselves to produce when I walked up.

Updates on how the salsa turns out to come, stay tuned.
posted by Jen @ 12:53 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER