Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Friday, August 26, 2005
Sick on my birthday
Vertical, but still sick. It's a good thing blogging doesn't require speaking because my voice is good as gone. All this coughing has roughed up my voicebox something fierce. Hardly slept last night due to coughing and ended up having to sleep with a throat drop in my mouth (on my side so as not to choke) just to stop the hacking.


Got to eat lunch at IHOP with Steph. Had scrambled eggs, bacon and Swedish pancakes with lingonberry butter & jam as a special birthday treat to myself. And received a free birthday sundae (strawberry) from the nice IHOP lady. I put it in Steph's freezer for a snack later since I was quite full.

Dinner was Happy Hour appetizers at Chino Latino (slightly disappointing selection, but quite tasty vitles). And then a shopping trip to Ragstock. Spent some birthday money on a Kimono to wear as a warm weather bathrobe, an orange bandana, and a nice psuedo vintage necklace.

All in all, a low-key birthday, but fun. I will now retire to my livingroom couch with a copy of the Audrey Hepburn classic "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
posted by Jen @ 11:04 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Belated happy birthday greetings!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER