Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Jesus said" Let the children come to me"
Tonight I sat with the babies. It started as a quest for air conditioning, but I enjoy sitting among the little ones and seeing them interact, play, learn, sleep, teethe, drool, etc. And I was overwhelmed today by the ever increasing number of the little ones around me. And there are at least 4 more confirmed yet to arrive. The Porch no longer has that 20-somethings/college look to outsiders. We've become an even more varied group, adding new 20-somethings and young families to our midst. I've also noticed some new faces from my parents' generation.











I'm also enjoying watching the last "crop" of babies as they turn into real little people with verbal skills and real personalities. They are learning to tell you what it is they want in words any adult can understand. Learning to throw a ball quite well, recognizing faces and names, and also finding their stubborn streaks. I've been blessed to see several of these kids develop from the time of their birth. It's almost like watching Child Development class in real life. But realizing there is so much they don't teach you in those classes.


Prayer posture tonight was to hold your face. Meant as a comfort in a time of struggle or loss or as an endearing moment with someone who means a lot. It's symbolic of what we might like to offer to those suffering from Katrina or on the anniversary of 9/11/2001. I think if someone touched me in that way at this point in my life, I'd burst into tears. It's such a loving and caring kind of touch. I haven't really had a lot of that kind of caring in the last couple years. Kinda brushed a nerve.
posted by Jen @ 11:03 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Jenell Williams Paris said…

    This is really wonderful, Jenie, and not just b/c you took sweet photos of my Ollie!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jenie,

    I'm sorry we haven't been better about "touching your chin" Please consider yourself touched as I think of you today.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER