Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
State Fair
Went to the State Fair today with an old friend. I haven't been in years, but it doesn't seem to have changed much. We mainly went just to walk around and look at stuff. Managed to escape without eating much of anything (mostly it was overpriced and the grease was less than appetizing to me). We did have the all-you-can-drink milk. I finished nearly 36 oz. by myself (and for those of you who know me, you probably know how I felt later). In the agriculture building, we had cider freezes (like Mr Freeze but made from fresh cider). In the grandstand, we tried teriyaki jerky in both beef and turkey varieties. I got a big pickle at the "hidden" market (for 75 cents cheaper than the big pickle on a stick). Nothing fried, absolutely nothing. And Nate didn't even have a footlong hotdog (which he had set out to do at our onset at the fair). I think the milk really helped curb our appetites. Spent a good portion of the time in the arts buildings, 4H building, and visiting the remaining animals in the barns. 4 hours of the fair is enough for me on most occassions. And now, the photos.














posted by Jen @ 12:21 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER