Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Sunday, February 19, 2006
A wedding, a gathering and drinking from a cup
As part of tonight's gathering, there was a rather non-traditional looking wedding. It was a beautiful moment. Two people, very much in love, sharing the most special day of their life with the entire community. There were some traditional looking elements: the flowers, the attendants (2 of them canine and a 3 of them under the age of 10), personally written vows and sharing of communion. All of this with a very non-traditional flair very befitting the personalities of the couple. I have added a few photos from that portion of the gathering here.













And then of course, the regular gathering type things and people photos. A family album of sorts. Family both new and old. The ever growing population of youngsters.



























Big girl Amelie had her first drink from a cup tonight. Nearly 6 months old, she wasn't quite sure what the heck water was, but it was fun to try to drink it like a grown up. Mostly she just spit it back into the cup or all over Kati. Amelie has been itching to try food (rather than just milk) for a while, making super duper cute baby bird and chewing faces when adults eat holding her.









A couple other random photos I couldn't leave out. The first a rather artsy shot I got accidentally while trying to photograph myself holding a just woken from a nap Amelie. The other a nice one taken by Chris while Amelie snuggled me for her nap.




posted by Jen @ 11:22 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    I love our church. Each week I think that. The last two services have made me cry because they were so beautiful.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Empty Voice said…

    Your photos are amazing Jen. It was a wierd, beautiful touching day. I echo Ms Grace Freewills assesment - it's a pretty amazing church.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER