Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Friday, February 10, 2006
of budgets and time management
I've already told you I'm working on keeping a budget for this year of 2006. And though I will likely continue to revise it as I figure out my spending needs and trends, it is, for the most part, finished. I have created a ficticious account for my cash and will be tracking expenditures there as well (something I have never done before, but I think I will find a lot of my waste spending in that category). Also, keeping track of all of my spending is making me carefully consider every little purchase. A good thing overall, though difficult at first.

Now time management. I tend to procrastinate. A lot. Or I will divert myself to other less pressing tasks or just waste time on the internet. I want to take baby steps on all of this, so I will just keep in the back of my mind my goal of getting necessary things done in a timely manner so as to have more time for fun things. I need to get a handle on my budget and get further into simplifying before I can really tackle time management. (I won't be making a rigid schedule, but I would like to have a better handle on my work time to maximize the non-work time). If anyone has resources I should check out on that topic, send them my way. And big thanks to those who offered resources for making a budget.
posted by Jen @ 9:15 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Christy Merry said…

    There's a book called 'Managing Yourself' which I like a lot. Read it in college, and still refer back to it/reread it every year or 2.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smart Women Finish Rich is a great book on finances. I'm not sure where my copy is, or I'd lend it to you. The library should have it, though.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER