Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
I was due
Due to have a day of not-so-goodness. Background info: I've been trying to move out of my apartment for months and months. I tried to sell my membership to a couple different potential tenants before all the painting and cleaning was done to the common areas to no avail. I've had it past here with the crap my neighbors pull and the lack of action by management. So today I went in to speak with the new management (whom I have never even seen before today though the old management knew me by name and face) and it was a total waste of my time. It was like having a conversation with a wall or a computer. She just kept spitting canned answers at me and didn't really seem to care at all that someone's negligence has caused me to now be stuck in the worst housing market ever and not able to sell my unit. She didn't seem to want to help me sell said unit at all. Just like, too bad, unless you pay us money to help you, we're not even gonna give you ideas of other things to try.

Oh yeah, and I was totally misled when I moved in here. I was told that if your unit didn't sell, the co-op would buy it back and then they would turn around and sell it. TOTALLY FALSE! If my unit doesn't sell, I'm FREAKIN STUCK! I can either re-up for more time (which I have already been stuck doing) or forfeit a HUGE amount of money that I need to repay a loan I borrowed to get in here in the first place. This is total crap. And I was so emotionally tense and flustered when I left the manager's office, I thought I might explode. I haven't felt that worked up in a really long time.

So I called her supervisor (whose office direct line I have in my phone, as well as his direct supervisor's number). He's totally helpful. He said he was sorry that it was so difficult for me to sell my unit and that I felt so alone in trying to make it happen and that no one seemed to be offering any sort of help or ideas. He told me about the Marketing Committee here at the Co-op (which anyone can join, so I just might) who are really looking into new super duper ideas to get the co-op out in front of people and make it inviting and dig up new tenants. (apparently there are currently 20 vacancies - meaning 20 people recently forfieted their membership money just to get out). He actually came down to my building to see what some of the issues were first hand and to give me printed out information on the Marketing Committee. We exchanged emails so that he and I could connect on the times and dates of those Committee meetings. So, it's not fixed, and I'm not yet moving out, but at least I don't feel so screwed by the whole co-op....just the new manager.

Made some money on my day off though cleaning house and shop for a guy I know. And didn't really even hit too bad of rush hour coming back from West Bloomington (usually 494 is a parking lot!). Didn't have to wait in line at the bank. And in my email inbox were 2 emails from people who plan to buy some small items I posted for sale on Craigslist last night.

Also, while I was waiting for the supervisor guy to drop by this morning, I got some more of my kitchen cleaned up. I told myself I wasn't allowed to bake Honey Carrot Cake until the kitchen was done being cleaned and purged. It's good motivation. Probably will get it done Sat.

And now that I'm done ranting, I just got an email of someone responding to my Craigslist listing of my apartment (which I need to repost cause it's a few days down on the list). How God humbles us in our most aggitated of moments.
posted by Jen @ 5:49 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER