Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Monday, January 30, 2006
There's no place like home
My church has started settling into a new home. It's a wonderful old building with a great deal of character (the good kind where you know the building would tell great stories if it could talk). The walls have been repainted and rooms begun to be filled with our own belongings. Even though it is not yet finished, it already feels like home.

That was the first feeling I had, was one of being completely at home here. When walking into the Great Room, I was in awe. With wide eyes, I stood in the doorway to take it all in. Simply breathtaking.

There are elements of our more modern style mixed with remaining elements of a classic style remenicent of previous tenants. I love that we have kept some of the older, more traditional bits as they are what I have understood us to be about as a church for some time. Blending of the traditions from around the world and through the ages. I'm hoping 3 years in this place can turn into a more permanent situation. We fit this space and it fits us.






























posted by Jen @ 1:18 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At home with our 'family'!
    You take beautiful pictures that represent us well.
    Shelley

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER