Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Sing Sing Sing
I haven't auditioned for anything in about 4 years. Didn't find anything that sparked my interest enough and I hate working up a prepared piece for auditions. I hate most auditions in general. I always feel like I'm being picked over with a fine-tooth comb. Today's audition for a local parish choir was different. Sure I was nervous, but the choir director is kinda laid back. And he didn't know it, but the fact that he shuffles around the church in his stocking feet made me more at ease. And he was okay with the things I didn't know, helping me to learn about plain chant and recitation. It was the most relaxed audition I've ever done. And I think I presented pretty well. The director did too. Now I just need to juggle some other scheduling things to make the rehearsal schedule of the choir work with my life. Acutally the other way around, my life needs to get shuffled a bit to fit around rehearsals. He was really up front, saying if it weren't for this other commitment I had that was creating the scheduling conflict, he would have given it to me right there and then. He was impressed by what my flabby voice could do with a song I haven't touched in 4 years. Yay!
posted by Jen @ 2:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER