Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Friday, September 30, 2005
A day's drive in the country
Since hours at my full time job are reduced for winter, I have more time off to enjoy my favorite season, autumn. And part of that is the beauty of the country fields as the crops are dried and harvested.




Also, apple picking! Perfect also because I am cutting refined sugars from my diet to see if it will help with some health issues.






Afton Apple was my orchard of choice today due to their proximity to my home and their selection of pick-your-own varieties currently available.






I ended up picking two full bags (which totals more than 20 pounds). One bag each of Sweet 16 and Honey Gold. I have grand plans for what snacks I can cook up using these apples. They are both naturally very sweet varieties so I can forgo extra sugar. There will be applesauce in my fridge tonight. I just have to get motivated to chop and peel some apples.






It was all around a beautiful day. The sun, the butterflies, the fuzzy caterpillars, the sweet smell of apples in the air and a cool breeze to keep the bees and flies off.
posted by Jen @ 6:09 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER