Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Excuse me, would you like to sign a petition to end Women's Suffrage?
Okay, so I kinda stole this from Brad. I just had to. I'm ashamed to be female if this is what the world has to look forward to from my gender. And these are the educated ones.



Somewhere we are failing our young women. Something's not getting through to them. Are they so convinced that being a part of a cause (even without knowing the details) is "cool" they would sign any petition set before them? Is any cause with "women's" in the title extra enticing? They act so brainless. Maybe it's all the Mocha Latte Frappachinos and the glossy magazine images and the Abercrombie fashions. Someone tell me, why is it our young women think their most valuable asset is their appearance? Do we need to really get on the horn and get the media to start giving us full credit for our contributions to society? When young women of America are eager to sign a petition to "end Women's Suffrage", I'd say it probably is.
posted by Jen @ 11:48 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Brad said…

    It's not like it would be much (if at all) better if you were a similarly-aged American male. I share in the shame, but I'd hate for it to be directed at the gender and not the nation and/or culture.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger onetenchelsea said…

    Yeah, I don't think it's really a woman thing. It's more a problem with not being able to speak the English language when you graduate from high school. They probably thought they were ending women's suffering. I recently had to do some questionnaires about people's perceptions of NASA (long story). Anyways, one of the questions was "Do you think the current amount apportioned to NASA is the right size, too big or too small" I'd say 75% asked what apportioned meant. And these were guys in business suits in one of the best educated cities in America.

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Brad said…

    "They probably thought they were ending women's suffering."

    Yes, I believe that was the idea.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER