Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Alone on a cruiser ride and other stories
Monday's weather decided to cooperate for my Coffee & Cruisin' ride. Too bad no one showed up to ride with me. I had spent the 2 hours between getting off my shift and the start of the ride pimping my Hercules cruiser (basically just shoring up some cables and tensioning the chain and adjusting my shifting so it finally worked right). I was all excited about riding and had mapped out a route (though not yet scouted so I was unsure of what it looked like in person).

Alas, I was left without riders. So I chose to testride part of a second route I had mapped for a different week. I rode the watershed through Lake Vadnais. Beautiful. And then down through Snail Lake Park. It will prove to be a nice ride when people actually show up to ride it. I rode pretty quickly and finished 6 miles or so in about 30 min. Much too fast a pace for the ride, but a good time for me by myself.






In other stories, I work with some pretty kooky people. They're great fun. And on days when it's kinda rainy and the customer flow is low, we get to be pretty goofy. On this particular evening, as I was waiting for riders who never showed, Alex was being a bit strange. Oh and yes, this photo is a bit blurry due to low light in the shop, but I tried to make it a little artsy to go with Alex's silly face.

posted by Jen @ 11:46 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Christy Merry said…

    love that second picture, all the colors...

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    I wish I enjoyed my time alone like you do. Good for you, Ms. Jenie.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER