Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Saturday, May 06, 2006
Living Green
Chris, Kati, baby girl and I spent our morning at the Living Green Expo today. We got to enjoy the crisp spring morning while standing in line waiting to get in and be one of the first 200 so we would get a free Blue Sky Guide.






Chris did a little entertaining for us (and others in line) with some of his juggling skillz. You'll have to watch the video clip to see just what I mean (it may take a while to load cause the storage space it's on is free and slow). See if you can count how many balls are in the air at once.





We started by making a round to the upstairs food samples and farm booths. This got us energized and stocked up on coupons for great organic goodies. We then spent some time in the downstairs half perusing green vendors. A stop at the Peapods booth and we discovered the most adorable wooden toy camera for only $19.95. (I know what I'm getting for one certain baby girl for Christmas). I got a few more bumper stickers for my car (perhaps I'll scan them and post them this week if I get adventurous) and a button that says "go by bike" at the booth for Northern Sun.

Downstairs also yielded a stop at a local holistic chiropractor's booth. I have been looking for one of these and this one is in my neighborhood. I set up an appointment to go in and be completely evaluated and tested. And they also gave me a little shoulder massage while I was there. Kati got a massage too.

Upstairs for some lunch, we found a live folk band and some people cutting a rug. For lunch Chris got sushi and pizza, Kati got pizza, and I got a big bowl of black bean chili and half a hummus wrap. Very tasty. And a much better deal than the food last year.



To round out the day, we took in part of a performance by some Cinco De Mayo dancers outside. And then a visit to the organic petting zoo. Amelie loved the animals. She squealed with delight at them and wasn't really scared even by their loud noises (not even by the very loud sheep).













posted by Jen @ 10:58 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER