Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Sunday, April 30, 2006
Global Night Commute
We made it through the night cold and soggy. Our letters have been mailed to our senators and our president in hopes that they will open their eyes and finally see the plight of the Ugandan children. Even though the media ignored us, even though many we know might have thought us nuts to endure the cold and wet, we had to do what we could this night to join in solidarity (remembering it rains 3 to 4 times a week in Uganda) and to raise awareness.

Great turnout despite the weather. Awesome three hour impromptu drum circle and dancing. I for one will never look at a homeless person the same again and will be ever grateful for my soft bed and safe home. We take so much for granted here and can't even see it. Keep getting the word out, if our voice gets loud enough someone will have to do something to help.

You can click on any of the photos below to go to a higher resolution version of the same thing. If you want to use any of these for anything, all you have to do is ask.












































posted by Jen @ 11:11 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger ✙ patron saint of ulster ✙ said…

    o what a night!!! you really did a lovely job of capturing the spirit of the night. so glad you were there! mind if i use a sampling of these beauties on my facebook account? (giving you credit of course.)

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool! and what an important cause to raise support and awareness for. I am thankful and glad that someone is doing something! Thank you

    Have an awesome week!

    Troy

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pictures!
    Hope you don't mind I use a couple on my myspace. :]

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey cool blog by the way! (I came here via Jenell Paris' blog. I liked your comments about Bethel, discussion of sexuality, etc.) Are you also a Solomon's Porch-er? I liked it, but I am finding that I am more of an Anglican (surprising as I grew up Baptist but there you have it).

    God bless ya!

    Troy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER