Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Monday, April 17, 2006
Easter with pomp and cirucumstance
For those of you who don't know, I sing in an Episcopal church choir each Sunday morning. The traditions there are very different from my own church and from the church I grew up in. There is huge fanfare on high church holidays there. I have long wanted to photograph one of these services to capture it in it's beauty.

Easter Sunday provided me with such a chance. The church is in need of new photographs for their website. With the church decorated and overflowning, this was the ideal day. Only it was thought of too late, or so those trying to get a photograph thought.

My camera was ready and waiting in my car (as I had just been to the sunrise gathering, though I readily carry some form of camera most of the time). I got my opportunity to sit out the recessional and snap some shots from the balcony as the choir, the cross and the clergy proceeded down the center aisle in a very stately fashion.









posted by Jen @ 11:22 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER