Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Monday, April 17, 2006
Master Scone Baker
For this year's Easter breakfast bonanza I baked scones. I didn't have a lot for ingredients on hand, and didn't have extra cash in my budget for egg bake ingredients. Scones looked easy on paper, but I wasn't sure since they always look complex once finished. I found an easy 5 ingredient recipe and got to work. These are the results. And they met with my roommates' seal of approval.



The top ones were blueberry/raspberry and the bottom ones banana. For those of you who sampled these at aformentioned breakfast, little did you know you were eating something healthy. They contained soured raw milk, whole wheat flour, real butter, and zero refined sugars. The sweetness came from the fruit alone. And in the words of Luke Hillsted, "congrats, you suceeded in baking something sugarless that didn't taste like a brick" (or something to that effect).
posted by Jen @ 11:04 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER