Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Home Sweet Home
Yes, I am moved. All of my stuff is in the house, but so far I only have a clue where about 1/3rd of any of it is. Meaning, I've unpacked some boxes and started to put some stuff away, but it's a lot of stuff and it's gonna take a couple days just to get it mostly sorted out. And, I'm dealing with an overabundance of stuff having lived on my own for the last 10 years and having had my own apartment for the last 5. So, I'm getting creative with how to squeeze in the things I just can't bear to part with along side the necessaries. But I feel great about not living in my old place and not dealing with the crappy neighbors and not coming home to a place I dreaded and not wishing aloud for a hallway that didn't smell like a bowling alley someone puked in and most of all I am excited to have roommates again. It's been a long time.

The kitties aren't getting along the best yet. Mine is rather docile and just wants to chill. Theirs is very active and wants to play. There is much hissing and growling, but luckily neither bites. And I've spiked my kitty's water with Rescue Remedy (a natural stress relief formula safe for people and pets) which will hopefully put an end to some of the irritability.

Today, I enjoyed biking to the store to get ingredients for chili (for the chili cookoff, photos to come). Yes, that's my bike in front of the house, laden with groceries. It's just a few short blocks to the local co-op. Really, it's just a few short blocks to miles to nearly anything I need. So, I will be putting some good utilitarian miles on my bike this year. I'm hoping for a transfer to one of the closer stores so I can ride my bike to work as well. It'd be great to save on gas and not have to worry so much about when I can get my car repaired.

So perhaps this summer I will finally get to host a Porch dinner where people show up. My last attempt was pretty much a bust with the first one being not a whole lot better. I now live on the "correct" side of the river. Wow, this is the first time in my life I've lived west of the river. I gotta get out more.

Time for beddy bye. I will be up early tomorrow when the sun gets to bright for me to stand it any longer. I need to put up the curtains. Minneapolis over and out.
posted by Jen @ 11:11 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    I happy you finally got to move Jenie. good luck in the new place. When you host a dinner, I'll be sure to come!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER