Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Comfort food 101 - Pumpkin Pie
Last holiday season, the thing I missed most was pumpkin pie. It has long been my favorite pie and a central part of the holidays for me. Being freshly off sugar last year, I felt quite cheated out of the full experience at both Thanksgiving and Christmas without my pumpkin pie.

This year, I vowed to change all that and I did. What you see here is the fruits of my labor to find a recipie for pumpkin pie which does not use refined sugar and still tastes like the pumpkin pie I have come to know and love. The recipe wasn't quite perfect the first pie or two, but the third time's a charm as they say.

Since Halloween, I have eaten the better part of 4 pumpkin pies by myself. I had a little help from Matt and shared some of the pie I brought to grandma's on Thanksgiving. The good thing is, most of the ingredients are not bound to make me fat, as the only sweetener in the pie is a 1/2 cup of honey. I may find myself burned out on it soon and will be looking for other recipes to modify.

Labels: ,

posted by Jen @ 1:46 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER