Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Friday, November 17, 2006
The wisdom of children - now with photos!
Because I spend 3 days a week playing with children, I am now being reminded of what it is like to be a child and to enjoy life just cause you're living it. As adults, we often complain too much, expect too much, and subsequently disappoint ourselves.

On Wednesday, I was reminded that the cold isn't a bad thing, nor should we shy away from it (though proper attire does make it less daunting). The cold simply means that snow is on it's way and all the fun things one can do in the snow.

The kids were so excited about it being cold enough to snow, they felt the urge to sled. My adult self said "you can't sled without any snow". Boy was I wrong! You can sled without snow and it's quite fun. And you don't get wet from melted snow on your clothing and you don't end up face first in a snowbank and you can easily get back to the top of the hill without slipping down.

In fact, sledding without snow might just be more fun than sledding with snow, only you just can't go as far. It was much more fun to stop thinking like an "adult" and start sledding instead.

Labels: ,

posted by Jen @ 7:25 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger ✙ patron saint of ulster ✙ said…

    hey jen! miss seeing you around. say, i'm thinking about getting a digital camera and i wondered if i might employ your help. i don't want to spend much and the camera could be super simple so long as it wasn't total crapp-o qualiy. i was thinking i'd craigslist but i need some guidance to know what my best deal would be. thanks chica!

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger kati said…

    Hey. BLOG ALREADY. Sheesh.

    ;)

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Hi Jen, can you email me your mpls address? My email address is my first name, middle initial and last name all as one word, and its at gmail.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I'm your librarian friend.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER