Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Friday, November 03, 2006
Pumpkin disection 201
On Halloween night, Matt and I carved the pumpkin his mom bought for us. It was a big huge awesome pumpkin, full of seeds and thick flesh, great for carving. I wanted to carve Strong Bad, but I let Matt help me pick. Not knowing Homestarrunner characters and picking mearly on looks, he chose Bubbs, and so it was, the Bubbs-o-lantern was born.

I printed and traced the stencil and carved the first two teeth. Not to miss out on the fun, Matt, the master carver, did the rest. It looked super awesome and we put it out on the railing of our deck with a candle in it so the Trick-or-Treaters could see it. (and yes we had some and they got plastic spider rings cause it was all we had). Much much cooler than my regular jack-o-lantern last year.

Plans for this year's pumpkin feast include more chili, sugarless pie and who knows what else. We're already munching the seeds.


Labels: ,

posted by Jen @ 12:17 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER