Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Rust in Peace

Tonight marks the last night of the gold Honda. I sold it to the junk yard for $75. That may not seem like much, but for a car that no longer starts, has a body that is rusting through, four bald tires, a broken out window, nearly no clutch and no exhaust, it seems like a steal to get someone to come tow it away and pay me. So I figure I got about $125 worth out of the deal including the tow. I also removed the stereo system and put the good wheels and tires from my old car on the new one before junking it. I am sad to see it go. It was a great car, just the car I wanted when I was looking for my first Honda, and exactly the right color. So long, gold Civic, you were a good friend, too bad you had to come to a rusty end in the street in front of my house. Rust in peace.

p.s. I will miss my bumper stickers too. If anyone wants to get me replacements for Christmas to put on the new car, you can see what I already had in the photo above and they came from Northern Sun.

Labels:

posted by Jen @ 8:41 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger Brad said…

    Your post titles are really coming along nicely! :-)

    Buh-bye, pretty Honda.


    B

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER