Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Cornerstone: 7 days and counting
I'm getting so excited for the upcoming Cornerstone festival . Pretty sure it's just the aspect of road trip and camping and time away from regular life and not so much the music. I've been out of the Christian music scene for quite some time and looking at the schedule I don't recognize very many of the bands listed. I'll probably take in a few unknowns while there and just enjoy the whole experience. I don't want to schedule much of anything (except a couple bands: Over the Rhine, The Violent Burning, Project 86, MxPx and Starflyer 59 and maybe Leigh Nash who has gone solo and I'm curious to see how that's going).

I'm mostly excited to camp with the group from Source Ministries and "rough it" and cook over a campstove and sleep hearing nature and use my new tent and hopefully make some new friends. The music is just a nice addition to all that. I do need to figure out how I'll be able to recharge the battery for my digital camera sometime during the week (pretty sure 2 batteries aren't going to last 7 days, though pretty sure 2.5 GB of storage will be sufficient, hopefully). And before leaving still have a few things I need to purchase: rainjacket, camera holster, tarp, and food.

Lastly, if anyone still wants to come along, tickets are available at the gate and there is room both in the car and in the tent for either gender (it's a large 2 room tent). We'd love to share our camping gear with you if you'll help pay for gas and either bring your own food or pitch in for group meals (let me know by July 1 if you want in on food and I'll be sure to purchase enough). The "bus" (really a saturn) leaves Tuesday evening July 4, with likely a stop somewhere along the way for fireworks enjoyment. The return to Mpls has not yet been decided, but will be midday Monday July 10 at the latest.
posted by Jen @ 12:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER