Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Sunday
Sunday was Fathers' Day and the crowd was quite sparse at the Porch. I guess people really buy into this whole greeting card holiday. Shouldn't every day be a day when you acknowledge the specialness of your father? Same with Mothers' Day? Okay, so I did get my dad a really cool vintage, handmade in Malaysia, batik necktie, but that's really it. On Sunday Father's Day (yes I spelled it that way on purpose), I spent time in the family of God I have come to treasure most and some people who have become father kinds of figures in my life (though some of them were spending time with their earthly fathers).









And the "after party". No really, we hang out and talk and socialize and eat food and really get to be part of eachother's lives. It's better than when we would always go out somewhere. We can control if it's noisy or cozy, we can get food from wherever we like for variety in tastes and budgets, and most of all, we have really made this church our home and feel comfortable in that space as though it were such. I've learned a lot about some of my friends since we began this tradition. It's a highlight of my week. Oh yeah, and I get to play with cute babies, though Eliot was out of town this week.

Mmmmm, rice.

Displaying mad standing skillz.

Peek-a-boo, I see you.

posted by Jen @ 12:28 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Empty Voice said…

    that pic of the general and his belle is really cute. :o)

    i miss you peoples.

    are you ready to go campin?????

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER