Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Honda Civic: round 2
The first piece to really fall off my car went yesterday as I was driving home from work. I heard a scrape and a sorta clunk and then the scrape got louder. When I pulled over on 35E to see what I'd dropped and if I'd be able to continue driving home, I found my muffler detatched from the cat-back pipe and brushing the roadway. So I yanked it off the rubber hanger, threw it in my trunk (on the odd chance it could be reattached ala McGyver and cause it's just rude to leave your crappy car parts on the side of the road for the adopt-a-highway people), and kept going.

I had been hoping for a quick fix to my dilemma via a cheap car my uncle was trying to sell. Turns out they sold it, so the search continued. Then I spotted the most perfect ad yet, 1992 Honda Civic LX for $950 or best offer. I immediately contacted the seller about going to see it. If it drives good, I'm gonna make an offer. It's not exactly what I wanted (being new body style), but it looks pretty dependable. And it's in my price range. So, cross your fingers and say a little prayer. Sometime early next week I plan to go see it.
posted by Jen @ 11:51 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Empty Voice said…

    prayer installed. man o mcgyver are you having troubles with the beater!

    wish I was there to help you out. I love car shopping. :o)

    I'll be back on July 1st! If somehow you haven't fixed your situation by then I'll help you find something.

    I haven't been on the IM because all I have available to me is MSN messenger. I do have an account but I barely know anyone who uses it.

    praying for ya. Your blog is a daily read. :o)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER