Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Friday, March 31, 2006
On painting and inspiration
I've got this inspiration for a piece I'd like to paint for the Easter art stuff on regeneration. I've never been one for realism in my painting which is why I'm struggling. My current working idea includes a somewhat realistic painting of a human heart at the center of it. Very nervous about that idea. Not really even sure what a human heart looks like.

I started doing some searches online for photos and it all looks so complex. Also, I'm searching out scriptures on regeneration and source of life. The text which is dominating the inspiration I've been given is "Behold, I make all things new" from Revelation (I think 21, but I'd have to look it up again). I'm in the process of looking for a groovy 70s flowerchild (think scooby doo) font for this project as well. Don't ask me how they go together, I'm really not sure yet. I just know some of the elements.

Also a bit scared at the idea of completing a piece before Easter. Perhaps I should just do it on a small canvas? Or should I attempt to conquer something of a large scale? And I mean very large scale as some of the current canvases are human sized. Ahhhh! Why oh why do I have to be inspired to create something during a time when I don't have days to work on it and in a medium I am unfamiliar?

I may just have to try last year's method: just start working and see what takes form from what you see in your head. The only thing with that is, last year's project was abstract in form. Prayers would be very welcome on this. I know some of you might think, it's just a painting, but it's a compelling thing for me to create it and it's not out of wanting to create something, it's a real actual inspiration. And anyone with access to great fonts for PC who can dig up a scooby doo/flower child font or 6 for me to work from, that would be helpful as well (11.5 hour days at work don't leave a lot of time for other things and days off are few and usually spent either relaxing or catching up).

Must sleep now. Another long day looms.
posted by Jen @ 1:02 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    Interestingly, OT writers (I guess) used to think of our emotions as being found in the kidneys. We now think of them as being our "heart" (physically or symbolically), but it's my understanding that a good portion of biblical passages that refer to our heart actually translate "kidneys."

    ...and now you know...the rest of the schtory....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER