Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Friday, January 13, 2006
Friday the 13th (of January)
Now I'm not really superstitious, but this day always makes me think. It's not that I think horrible things are going to happen, it's more of a "full moon" syndrome when you meet crazy people and they say crazy things and you get some really good laughs. So today is the 13th, and I overslept (cause I could and probably needed it, not setting an alarm on purpose) and my fridge is making a terrible noise which makes me hope it's still working okay. I haven't checked it yet cause I just got up and just noticed it. Well seems to be keeping things cold at least.

I made some raw applesauce last night. I was too lazy to cook the apples and thought it was probably healthier for me if they didn't have some of the nutrients cooked out anyways. The only big thing with making applesauce by grinding apples in the food processor is that they turn brown at a rate much faster than when you slice apples and leave them on your plate. So I had dark brown applesauce before I put it away. And then there were a few little air bubbles in one of the jars, so there are some extra brown spots in that one. The brown isn't bad for you right? I'm pretty sure it's just a combination of oxygen and something natural in an apple. At any rate, I added cinnamon and a little stevia to one of the jars and the apples were kinda overripe and it tastes like apple cider, which I am truely a big fan of. Now if I could just get the texture to be less granular. Guess that's due to the raw state of the apples. Oh well.

First step in my journey to simplification was taken last night. I started with my desk drawers. They have long been full of all sorts of things I was saving for sentimental reasons that I have not looked at in years. More than a full bag of trash and a partial bag of donate/sell things cames from there. I need to get some boxes so I can sort the sell things from the donate things and then when I have a full box of donate things I can just go donate them instead of letting them sit around and possibly lure me back into keeping them. I'm gonna check craigslist for people with moving boxes available. And maybe run by Cub or Rainbow and ask for produce boxes if craigslist turns up empty.
posted by Jen @ 1:06 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You probably already know this, but adding a bit o' lemon juice does wonders for browning prevention...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER