Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Friday, January 06, 2006
I know, I know,
I know that getting another kitchen gadget isn't exactly simplifying. But it kinda is. I've wanted a dehydrator for some time. It will come in particular kinds of handy when the bounty of things like peaches from the dumpster is too great to eat all the fresh stuff I can carry before it goes bad. And it will also be useful should I get time to go on a camping/hiking (or as I have just learned the proper New Zealand term for it - tramping) trip late summer/early autumn for certain great camping foods that travel well sans moisture.
And I did have some Christmas money (of which I spent only a very small fraction on this gadget due to it being lightly used and one of the belongings a local gal had to part with before moving overseas). I'm using it already. Drying some banana chips to take to work tomorrow, experimenting with strawberry fruit leather (made from strawberries I froze at the end of the summer - pureed in my Christmas food processor) and drying out some thin summer sausage slices in an attempt to make jerky. I just checked on the progress, just a couple hours into the drying process, and the edges on my fruit leather are showing signs of leatheriness. Guess it can just do it's thing while I go sleep.
posted by Jen @ 12:11 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER