Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Thursday, January 05, 2006
What's in the VCR? volume 2
Robin and Marian: a 1976 "where are they now" story of Robin Hood and Maid Marian. Sean Connery as Robin, Audrey Hepburn as Marian.

What if twenty years later, everything isn't "happily ever after" in Sherwood Forest? It's 1199, Robin and Little John, return to England, after King Richard the Lionheart's death during the siege of Chal^us. Marian is now the abbess at Kirklees Abbey having been left by her one true love, Robin. They have been apart twenty years and it's obvious that there is still a spark between them. When The Sheriff of Nottingham and the evil (now king) Prince John threaten Sherwood, Robin gathers his faithful men, and band of peasants to fight oppression.

It's entirely overdone, overdramatic, and the dialogue is downright cheesy. Good thing I was overhauling my blog while watching it. Curiousity kept me from turning it off. It's not completely horrible, but it's not really great either. Guess you have to like Connery, which I don't really. But I love Hepburn. I've been quite curious what Audrey was like later in her career. Perhaps more films from the end of her career are in store next.
posted by Jen @ 12:17 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER