Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Saturday, January 07, 2006
Post of the Day
I didn't think it was just me that felt like we haven't really had sunshine in a very long time. According to my friend Jen's blog the Twin Cities has been lacking in brilliance for about 15 days. Maybe not everyone is feeling it's effects, but Jen and I sure are. Gallons and gallons of tea, melencholy music, nostalgic feelings, filling myself with more comfort foods than usual and hibernating on the couch. Not to mention excess blog posting. To borrow a page from Jen, I'm going to make a list of my own "warm fuzzies" (or as Jen called them "personal pleasures").

Fuzzies to brighten a winter day:
-clean socks
-pizza and wine
-earthy tea in mass quantities
-peppermint candles on clearance
-giant snowflakes
-dehydrated bananas
-strawberry fruit leather
-peanut butter and banana sandwiches
-bicycling in a downpour
-Audrey Hepburn movies
-lavendar bubble bath
-knit scarves
-small rays of sunrise
-blogs of travelling friends
-anticipation of California
-california roll sushi
-shooing pidgeons off the porch with a big broom
-tinkle lights
-British comedies on PBS
-oatmeal lotion
-hiking in the mud
-coupons for things I actually use
-snail mail from friends
-pictures from a photobooth
-library books
posted by Jen @ 8:05 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER