Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Saturday, January 14, 2006
Eatin' like a Queen
I was going to go dumpstering earlier this week, but the weather didn't cooperate at all. So I waited until I was basically out of all produce (save one lonely yellow onion and some apples) and also for a night when I could stay up late enough and not have to be anywhere in the morning. Turned out to be the best Friday the 13th ever!

There wasn't a ton of variety in the produce bins (though I can always just go again another day), but there were 2 carts full of bread items. Too bad I'm off of sugar or I could have had a huge bag full of cookies and cake slices. I just got some of the things I thought I'd eat and would freeze well. Since I only need to feed myself for another 10 days before going to Cali, I didn't want to overdo it on the perishables. Excited to have some more things to use the dehydrator on. Banana chips and raisin will be great travel food.



From the bakery: 1 package belgian waffles, 1 pumpkin bread, 1 loaf Rudi's Organic spelt bread, 2 loaves Rudi's Organic reduced carb wheat Bread, 1 loaf fancy bread with either sundried tomatos or cranberries (went on looks and hoped it was good), 2 banana nut muffins, 1 bag pita minis, 1 black bean and red pepper focaccia bread. My freezer is now stuffed with breads to last me a while.



On the produce end: 4 bunches bananas (which I will be making banana chips from in the dehydrator), 2 zuchinis, 1 bunch asparagus, 1 leek, 2 small heads of broccoli, a slew of red skin potatos, a zillion green grapes (some to dehydrate into raisins).
posted by Jen @ 2:04 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER