Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Thursday, December 15, 2005
Running on fumes
Not my car's gas tank just yet, but me. I have been having several boughts of insomnia in a row. It's not that I'm not tired, it's that I just can't shut down enough to sleep. And I'm working lots and lots of extra hours in hopes of getting caught up on some monetary things by the end of the month. This doesn't leave much time for relaxing or for figuring out what to give my family for Christmas. I'm having a "buy nearly nothing Christmas". But I still have no idea what to give. (particularily thrifty and crafty ideas would be greatly welcomed in the comments section).

I did write out a preliminary financial outlook through the first of the year for myself and it's actually looking okay. I always feel like the little boy with the fishes, somehow ends get met even though I'm not particularily good with money and don't yet have a budget (though I plan on writing one out over New Years) and I work several low paying kinds of jobs. Also good news on the money front is that today I crossed the threshold to earning double percentages on my commissions for the next pay period at work. :) I've never done that in a pay period before as the goals are usually astronomically high.

That said, I probably will still have time to make some more crocheted items if anyone wanted something before Christmas. I've nearly got Sarah's mittens finished and have two hats to do (one for a previous Esty customer who loved her hat so much she ordered a second and one for a friend who is giving it as a gift.) So, hats for Christmas anyone?

Other items available for sale if you're looking for a last minute gift:
-One older scanner, perhaps good if you've got an older Windows machine or for a child getting into computers. It works great, but I was given a newer one. Model OpticPro 9636T. [$25]
-Backpack brand external CD writer. Also something I replaced when I got the new computer a year and a half ago. Does work with Win XP. Great for a laptop user, college student, etc. [$45]
-Blonde wood microwave cart. Practically new. Originally from Target. [$20]
-Loads of older beanie babies (let me know if there are ones you're looking for cause I've got a huge box) [$3.50 each]
-Or, I can make a large framed print of something nice for one of your loved ones. I have lots of photos of beautiful places and things which could be enlarged and framed. Price TBD upon discussion of what is wanted. (check http://www.jmadvigphotography.com/Artistic/Art1.htm for some examples, but there definately are more.)


Enough advertising of myself and trying to sell my wares. I'm off to crochet while watching Monty Python's Flying Circus which I have checked out from the library for the week.
posted by Jen @ 10:11 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How much do you charge for an infant-sized crocheted cap? I may be interested...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER