Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Dinner
For those of you who may be concerned that all I'm eating is dumpster pizza lately, I'll let you in on tonight's dinner. Only one ingredient for this dinner came from the dumpster. The rest I dug out of the back of the cupboard or the fridge. Spicy homemade pasta sauce (good, but a little too much red pepper) made from a can of diced tomatoes, garlic, red onion, olive oil, red wine vinegar, red pepper, oregano, green olive pearls, and a dash of salt. And spooned it over some noodles, the multicolored veggie ones from the co-op that I had stockpiled when they were on sale.

I will admit that today for breakfast I had leftover sample tray at work (we are supposed to throw it away, but it's so much food I just can't bear it, so I ate it. And for lunch I had a bagel with some cream cheese Steph decided she didn't like.
posted by Jen @ 10:10 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...a little too much red pepper...

    Bah! Impossible! ;-)

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Tasty, but really, I didn't plan on making it spiced for a dragon. Could have used a fire extinguisher.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER