Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Back from a dumpstering expedition
I will post pics from church tomorrow, but tonight I went out in search of some new dumpstering destinations (with a few hints and guides already under my hat). Could be the day of the week that I didn't find as much stuff at certain places, but I do have an idea of where the dumpsters are now and how difficult some of them are to look in without all passers by noticing you.

I did, however, find a very nice medium sized basket at one of the home furnishing places I stopped by. It's not brand new as it held product that was for sale and wasn't for sale itself, but I like it and might keep my winter accessories in it instead of a cardboard box.

I didn't stop by my usual natural foods haunt, but did happen to drive past and see a sight that made me smile. A couple was hoisting themselves from within the fence complete with headlamps still on their heads. I will likely go there in the next couple days as I realized tonight my produce is waning and what remains is getting iffy on the freshness level.

I stopped by two pizza places (one more desirable than the other) which yielded some just cooled delights. I had retrieved a couple pizzas a few days back from the one that I call the "magic pizza dumpster" and finished eating them for dinner this evening. Tonight's finds there were less exciting topping wise. (the last one was pepperoni, green olive, mushroom, and jalepeno). This week, I will feast on canadian bacon & pineapple, cheese, and pepperoni pizzas. The cheese and pepperoni ones came from the more elusive and desirable place. I happened by there just as one of the employees was taking out the night's trash. I drove down a couple blocks to check another place and when I returned, I found a just barely cooled boxed joy. Oh yeah and I'll also have a little cauliflower au gratin soup to go with that (leftover on Sat night at the restaurant which I saved from being trashed at work).

I would have filled my car with fabric sample books from a very upscale home furnishings store did I think I could use all of the books of them I found. Since I know I will only ever get around to using a few, I picked some of my favorites, especially ones with larger pages, and loaded them up. I think 6 in all. I have some grand ideas of sewing projects I'd like to do with them for Christmas presents, but they may end up being belated as my life seems rather hectic lately.

Oh, and if anyone reading this has bed pillows they no longer use, need or want (maybe you're replacing yours), I am in need of the filling, so I will take those pillows and give them a new life. I will also start asking for plastic shopping bags after Christmas is over. I have designs for them too. So, in your holiday shopping, etc, if you would tuck those away someplace to stay clean, I'd love to keep them from a landfill or the darkest corner of your closets.
posted by Jen @ 2:03 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER