Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Wanted: One considerate plow driver
It snowed a lot last night. I knew it was going to. I got up early to scrape off my car before heading to work (opening at the mall at 8:30am). Boots on....check. Warm coat....check. Hat, mittens, scarf....check. Snowscraper accessible inside vehicle....yes I do believe I left it in the passenger's seat so we're good there too. Trudge out to car only to find that the plow driver hates me! Seriously, a huge pile of chunky plow stuff pushed up under the front of my car.



No way can I just put it in 2nd and barrel through like usual. Okay, now where did I put my shovel last spring? Ah, in the trunk. Hooray for the shovel! 10 minutes of brushing snow from the vehicle and 30 minutes of shovelling heavy, wet, plowed up snow from in front of and underneath my vehicle and I'm ready to go to work a half hour behind schedule (that's right, I said underneath. I did say the plow driver appeared to have a vendetta right? There was plow junk up and under the vehicle a good foot and a half which had to be scooped out with the shovel just so the car would be able to drive forward). I was not altogether comfortable with the distance the plow failed to keep from my vehicle. It is my main mode of transportation no matter how much work it needs or noise it makes.

It's still snowing, so I will likely have to do this all over again tomorrow morning. And the morning after that they will require us to move our cars by 9am so they can plow the whole lot. That would be much appreciated. It would also be appreciated if at such time that I move my car, someone else does not park uninvited in my space to prevent the plowing of said space (something that happened one too many a time last winter which is why I ended up buying a shovel to get into my own parking space which became the only unplowed portion of the entire lot).
posted by Jen @ 3:54 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER