Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Before and After
I can't remember how long I've been letting my hair grow, but it has to have been at least 2 years, back to the last time time I had braids I think, which was the summer I went to Cornerstone.

It's been fun, but I've been needing a change lately. Something less heavy, less blah. I want to be able to wear my hair down and not feel overwhelmed by my hair, or have it get stuck under my arm or in my shirt or jacket. Time to have something lighter and more modern and lighter on my neck (been having more neck issues lately, probably connected to the sheer weight of my hair and putting it up at work every day.)

So today I made the switch. First, I perused several galleries to find styles I liked to print out a few for the stylist. Then I took some photos for posterity of my uber-long hair. I trekked down the street to Fantastic Sam's and the rest is history. See for yourself below.

Before:


After:


I think my new hair is fab and makes me appear to have lost some of my winter hibernation weight already (making my face look slimmer). Thank you stylist Diva at Fantastic Sam's in Uptown. You made my day.

Labels: ,

posted by Jen @ 12:38 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your new do does indeed look fabulous but it's a little spooky. You won't believe the haircut Chris talked me into/surprised me with 3 1/2 weeks ago! I did't realize she was going to cut off so much but also I like my new cut and have gotten tons of unsolicited complements as you probably have/will too. Will I see you and Matt tomorrow at Aunt Kathy's or Sunday at Gma & Gpa Madsen's?

    Love,
    Mom

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Christy Merry said…

    looks fantastic! I have a haircut too this week (first time in 3+ years I've had someone else cut it), but I think I'm staying long... :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER