Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Pumpkin Muffins
Tonight's domestic adventure was to make a tasty pumpkin muffin without going to the store for more ingredients. I had pumpkin in the freezer from one of our last CSA boxes that I had previously baked and pureed. I also had some flour, some maple syrup, some molasses, some baking powder, pumpkin pie spices, milk and oil. Apparently, this is all one needs, which was good cause there were only 2 eggs left after my waffle dinner.

I modified a vegan recipe I found online (raw milk instead of soy milk and maple syrup instead of sugar - in a smaller dose) to make a hot dozen. Hot out of the oven, they are moist on the inside, chewy on the outside (which is how I like my muffins) and have a lovely pumpkin spice flavor. I wolfed one down after melting some butter onto each half. These will be great on my way to work in the morning when I have over-slept and need some breakfast on the go.

Labels:

posted by Jen @ 11:13 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER