Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Halloween: Porch-style
Since Matt was working and didn't want to dress up for Halloween this year, I attended the Porch dinner/Mafia/Halloween party. I also didn't want to spend any money on a costume, so I pieced together my fairy garb from things I already owned. A pair of purple wings and false eyelashes purchased in the after-Halloween sales last year, two of my favorite shirts layered, my pink skirt, some flower print tights I've had since junior high and the black ballet slippers from my college ballet class.


The eyelashes were something else. I'd never worn false eyelashes before, and these were out of this world long and sparkly. It took me a few tries to get them positioned just right and to get the "glue" to stick well. And contrary to popular belief, they aren't uncomfortable. Once the "glue" gets really tacky, you hardly know they are there (except for the tips hitting your brow bone or brushing the inside of your nose). And yes, this photo is kinda a goofy perspective on my face. I did if for effect.


Dan and Rachel came as Team Zissou from "The Life Aquatic". Very creative. You can't see it, but Rachel had her iPod stuck under the strings of the guitar with a little speaker playing parts of the soundtrack from the movie.


Dinner was followed up by many rounds of the game Mafia (and variations on it) with sets of very cool Mafia specific cards created by Luke. I got a good laugh out of the antics of the new characters introduced to this game by my friends.


I started the night photographing with film and when the roll was finished shot digitally until my batteries gave out (which wasn't very many shots). Hopefully I'll be able to complete the purchase of my new digital SLR in the next week and be back in full digital swing before Thanksgiving. I may add a few more shots once the film photos are done tomorrow. Afterall, my scanner has been feeling lonely.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Jen @ 10:04 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Christy Merry said…

    fun outfit! I almost wore fake eyelashes this year...'cept I never bought any glue... I was Raggedy Ann (but didn't take any pix)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER