Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Nothing like cider when winter approaches
This post is less about the warm apple cider in my new favorite mug (scavenged from the dumpster along with a red dish drainer, a vintage end table, a wooden stool, a Britta pitcher, some tupperware, and a boombox when our upstairs neighbors moved out) and more about my new photographic toy - the Canon D60.

Having spent the last 2 years shooting with a Digital Rebel XT (which is a nice camera, just not the quite enough pro and more prosumer than I ended up needing), I found myself without a digital SLR for 6 weeks post selling it on Craigslist. Two events came up where I found myself left to shoot film (and with only expired rolls left in my possession).

Film is a little scary in unpredictable situations for me these days (how did I ever shoot full weddings with only film?). I also found out that all the processing equipment has changed to be more digital and less film oriented, lending to a frustrating print color issue (ie. green martian skin) and to an accentuated film grain.

After fighting with the prints I did for Keziah's birth, I decided enough was enough. Searching local camera shops, I finally found a very lightly used D60 body for an amount of cash I actually had left in my bank account from the sale of the previous camera. I ran out immediately and bought it and proceeded to play (still playing a bit since the buttons are all in a different spot than on the Rebel.) You ought to be seeing quite a few more photos from me now that I'm appropriately armed again.

Speaking of photos, here are two favorites from last week.




And one of Matt's Elephant Ear Mushroom Polyp (taken with the D60).

Forthcoming will be excerpts from the Driftless Farm Benefit (shot on film and needing to be scanned and edited first) and whatever photos I find myself "at play" shooting.

Labels:

posted by Jen @ 10:56 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER