Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Failed to post
I realized just now I failed to post this post about the homemade Christmas we had. I made a number of items for gifts, some of which I started before Thanksgiving.

These mittens I actually started last winter for Steph, but it got to be spring before they were done, so this year they were finished for her Christmas present. I lined them with a pink, orange and yellow flowered fleece. They are yellow at her request to match her yellow VW bug.

I made my sister a calorimetry similar to my own because I know she often wears her own long hair up and could use the extra warmth way up on the southern shore of Lake Superior. She nicknamed it a baboushka. Pattern from Knitty.com, though modified a bit.

Below is the wool wine cozy I made for my parents. Of course there was a bottle of red wine inside when I gave it to them, but it's meant to keep your wine bottle from warming up and also to keep it from clanking around when you take it on a picnic. Patten also from knitty.com.

Last, but certainly not least is the froggy hat made for Matt's youngest nephew. I got the pattern from Lion Brand Yarn's website. The yarn was hard to work with, but it was so cute when it was done.


We spent very little on Christmas this year, opting for homemade. And to be honest we also had a little bit of a "regifting" Christmas. I prefer to think of it as recycling, reusing, reducing waste and reducing consumerism. We also bought a few of our holiday gifts way back in October in a silent auction at a benefit for Driftless Organics farm.

Labels: ,

posted by Jen @ 10:16 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER