Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Thursday, May 25, 2006
My mother would be proud
I had a day off from work today. I started it out by sleeping in (actually waking up at 9am and deciding it was too early to be up on a day off and sleeping another 2 1/2 hours). A little lunch and a bike ride to my new chiropractor's office. Got the results of the testing from last week (and some interesting information on which nerves between which vertebrae control what stuff in your body). Then a quick adjustment of my sacrum, a couple middle vertebrae and my neck, followed by pressure point muscle work and percussion massage. The whole wonderful experience was wrapped up with 10 minutes of electrical impulse therapy (basically massaging the muscles with electrodes on the skin and it feels wonderful).

On my way home (by bike) I stopped to deposit my check, made a detour through an antique shop, and then shopped the Wedge a bit (for some essentials I have been running out of and a treat for me). After a snack (today was more like 5 small snacks than real meals), I cleaned out my car. Yes cleaned it out. When I moved this winter, I had left quite a bit of stuff in the back seat from the very last load. It's just been sitting there, taking up space and driving people I know crazy. I unloaded all the stuff and sorted it (some items into the house, the rest into the garage sale pile in the basement). There was only a small bag of trash. I'm sure from the looks of my car, I would not have been the only one surprised by that.

My car then got a much needed interior cleaning. Vacuuming the carpets and seats, and using my new auto glass wipes to clean off a couple years of film from the windows and remove dust from the dash. I also took the time to apply the new bumperstickers I got at the Living Green Expo earlier this month. I feel like I'm driving a different vehicle with it being so open and clean.

I'm now working on cleaning my room (mostly my desk) and coralling my dirty laundry. Perhaps I will get adventurous and weed out some of the clothing I don't really wear for the garage sale pile. Perhaps.
posted by Jen @ 10:27 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's this? No entries for Friday or Saturday? HOW DARE YOU!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER