Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Mustard pickles and my 3 students
First, the mustard pickles. A family recipe (which you'll have to beg and beg and beg to get from me) that I have loved since childhood. No cooking required and super amazing tangy pickles. And I made some yesterday. Expecting them to not really be ready yet, but being impatient, I tried some just now and oh boy, they are ready (they'll continue to get stronger as time goes on). Tasty tangy pickles, oh how you are my weakness.

I have 3 students for intermediate photography (would have been 4, but one didn't show). Teaching still is not my forte, but I got through the class okay. Mostly it was me going over the rules of composition, some lighting stuff, and then fielding a few questions. I have some ideas how to change my approach the next quarter, but for now, we will be reviewing our week's assignment photos at our next class, learning a bit more about composition and lighting and then starting in on posing for portraits. I'm thinking I might want to find some other things to work on, like macros or something. Arg, 2 hours is a long time to fill. I couldn't quite do it tonight. But overall it seems to be going well and my students seem excited for the most part about photography. (well mostly, the one girl seems like she was hoping it would be something a little different, we'll see if she continues to show up).
posted by Jen @ 11:23 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, so I'm begging. :) I've been wanting to try them ever since you told us about them on the drive up to Lake Beauty.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER